• A content delivery network (CDN) is an interconnected system of computers on the Internet that provides Web content rapidly to numerous users by duplicating the content on multiple servers and directing the content to users based on proximity. (Server closest to that user )
How it works :
• CDN works by caching static content such as images, CSS, JS and videos for a website all around the web.
• If a visitor was in India and the web server was in the United States, each request made by the visitor must travel from India to the United States. Although each request may only be a few hundred milliseconds, a site that requests dozen or different requests can increase a sites overall load time. With CDN implementation , user in India accessing a server in the United States and then getting the static content from a nearest CDN node.( Nearest node )
• Decrease Server Load
• Faster Content Delivery
• Improving page load times
How to test :
• Enable Fire Bug on Fire fox browser
• Open fire bug add-on and click on “Net” tab.
• Then under “Net” tab click on “All” and refresh the page.
What to test :
• Check functionalities of you respective modules, it should not break.
• Check images, CSS , JS are loading properly
• On each deployment of CSS, Images , JS files to CDN it may not reflect the changes immediately , in that case we have to refresh the deployed file on CDN .